Just some examples of hypocrisy that came to mind recently:
- Why did Therese Rein (the Prime Minister’s wife) admit herself to a private hospital to fix her gallstone problem, despite campaigning in favour of the public health system during the 2007 election?
- Why does the Prime Minister heavily tax ordinary Australians so they can’t afford private health insurance, but remain unwilling to give up his own private cover?
- Why do Canadian politicians cross the border into the United States for their health needs if America’s (comparatively free-market) health system is so bad and Canadian public health so good?
- Why do Family First candidates look at pornography in private and protest against it in public?
And a bit of irony:
- Why do anti-globalisation protesters use mobile phones and other technologies developed through competitive, capitalist markets?