Our old mate Graeme Bird has Joined a distinguished list of Rightwingers, including Ace, Hugh Hewitt, NR’s Jonah Goldberg, Michelle Malkin, and World Net Daily’s Vox Day, as a Nominee for the 2008 Golden Winger Awards for Excellence in Wingnuttery.
Graeme’s nomination is for the prestigious Purple Teardrop with Clutched Pearls Cluster – for enduring the cruelest butthurt for his article “Cabin Fever,” which they list as “Americans Embrace Irrationalism.” The reason for the change of title is not clear.
Purple Teardrop with Clutched Pearls Cluster – for enduring the cruelest butthurt
1. Jonah Goldberg, “The White Man is the Jew of Liberal Fascism“
2. Michelle Malkin, “John McCain won’t return my calls!“
3. Michael Gerson, “Al Franken used bad words!“
4. KJ Lopez, On Republican Political Correctness
5. Libertarian Republican, “The Day America Died“
6. Jeffrey Scott Shapiro, “The Treatment of Bush Has Been A Disgrace“
7. Graeme Bird, “Americans Embrace Irrationalism“
8. Nice Doggie, “Wake Up, White People!“
9. Vox Day, “Welcome to the USSA”
Hullabaloo and Poorman are two longstanding liberal websites who do this annually and for ‘The Bird’ to be included with the likes of Malkin, Hewitt, WND, and Goldberg, is definitely a sign that he is getting noticed, although some of the nominees are from the left, such as demented moonbat Andrew Sullivan.